A Hydro Geological survey is done to determine the underground water level. Hydro geological surveying is conducted prior to drilling a bore well in order to ascertain the quality and quantity of water available at a particular location. It has been well established that underground water is a better source of drinking water than surface water.
This is due to the following reasons:
- Lower chances of pollution, especially if it is at least twenty meters away from the sanitary work.
- Water becomes naturally purified as it flows through sand and stone.
- Bore wells remain shut and therefore have a reduced chance of contamination.
- Water temperature at the underground level is always at desirable levels in spite of seasonal changes.
- Greater chances of water availability in summer as the water sources are situated at a deeper level.